Ingredients – Bubz Baby Co

Ingredients

For product specific details please view the product page. For any other questions, please use our contact page and we'll quickly get back to you.

Our soap base is a moisturizing shea butter base certified by a third party to be Hypo-Allergenic, Non-Comedogenic, Biodegrabable, Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, and SLS + SLES free.

 

Bubz Kit
Soap Base

Lavender Essential Oil - An essential oil obtained by steam distillation from the flower spikes of certain species of lavender. The lavender oil in your kit is all natural and will end up as a very small percentage of the actual soap (0.18% to 0.71% depending on how much lavender oil you decide to use).

99% Rubbing Alcohol - Used in the home mostly as a topical antiseptic it will also break up the surface tension of the small bubbles that form on your breastmilk soap after you pour it in to your molds. Since it is 99% pure it will evaporate quickly and almost completely with the remaining 1% being water.

Mica Colorant - Mica is the name given to a group of minerals that are physically and chemically similar but vary in color. Micas are fairly light and relatively soft and are used in plethora cosmetics from lipsticks and lip balms to eyeshadow and blush.

Coconut Oil - A hard oil extracted from the kernel or meat of matured coconuts, harvested from the Coconut Palm (Cocos nucifera)

Palm Oil - (RSPO*) Oil extracted from the fruit pulp of the palm oil tree (Elaeis guineensis). Our palm oil comes from companies who comply with RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil) standards and practices.

Safflower Oil - Oil extracted from the seeds of the Safflower plant (Carthamus tinctorius).

Vegetable Glycerine - Naturally produced by the saponification process (see Sodium Hydroxide). Glycerine acts as a lubricant and moisturizer when applied topically.

Shea Butter - A hard oil extracted from the nut of the african shea tree (Vitellaria paradoxa). Known to have anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties.

Purified Water - High quality H2O.

Sodium Hydroxide - (Saponifying agent) Otherwise known as Lye; this naturally caustic chemical is used in the soap making process (saponification) to convert (hydrolyze) fats and oils (triglycerides) into soap (salts of fatty acids and glycerin). When mixed at the correct volumes the oils and butters neutralize the lye and create gentle, cleansing soap.

Sorbitol - (Moisturizer) A naturally occurring chemical that helps skin and hair retain moisture (humectant).

Sorbitan Oleate- (Emulsifier) Derived from Sorbital, this ingredient encourages oils and water to stay in solution (emulsify), meaning not separate, like oil and vinegar in your favorite salad dressing.

Propylene Glycol (PG) - Another humectant that helps the skin and hair retain moisture.

Oat Protein - (Conditioner) Naturally derived from Aveena sativa kernels, oat protein helps to condition the skin, making it feel smooth and hydrated.

Titanium Dioxide - Naturally occurring colorant used to make the soap an opaque creamy white, cannot be absorbed through topical application.